Jesus Has Left the Building is an annual event coordinated by the Mission Committee to promote a day of service where our congregation collectively works to improve our community. Please either wear or bring clothing appropriate for the activity you would like to volunteer for. Activities will start and complete between 10:00 AM and 12 Noon. The following volunteer opportunities are being scheduled and will have sign-up sheets available in Hoopes Hall during Fellowship Time after the service. Please speak to Zack Johnson with any questions you may have. The activities are subject to change depending on the number of volunteers and availability of members coordinating the events.
- Aid for Friends Meal Assembly in the Kitchen: Lisa Noone requests macaroni and cheese, canned baked beans, applesauce, and mixed vegetables for meal assembly.
- Choir in the Community: Members from choir will be singing in the community to lift spirits for those who are unable to attend worship services.
- Road Clean-up on Elephant Road: Cleaning up litter along Elephant Road between Woodside and Center School Road. Safety vests, gloves and trash bags will be provided.
- Fixing Up the Playground: The swing set is in need of a cleaning and a fresh coat of paint for the nursery school. Be sure to have painting clothes at the ready.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry in Hoopes Hall: Knitting and making prayer shawls for continued ministry for those in the community who are in need. Materials will be provided, but please bring your own knitting equipment and materials if you already have them.
- Gardening around Deep Run: John Trapp is looking to begin the growing season in our community garden and to beautify the church grounds in preparation for the summer months. Please bring tools and gloves you would like to use.
- Prayer Team: Assembly of a team to pray for those weighing on our hearts and minds. Kids Making Cards: Kids are invited to join Miss Abby and others to make cards for members in need of special care.