The Children’s Ministry Team at the Presbyterian Church of Deep Run is dedicated to building an environment in which children are intrinsically motivated to grow in their Christian faith. We understand that a classroom that promotes creating relationships with one another is important. We also believe that giving the children active learning experiences fully involve the children, making the time in Sunday School interesting and worthwhile. Connecting to God’s Word, which is intended to be a guide for how we should live, is central to our curriculum. We take the time to examine stories, which follow the Pastor’s sermon series as much as possible, over the course of several weeks. The Children’s Ministry Team is thoughtful to provide a variety of activities to engage learners of all styles.
Sunday School is held during the 10:00AM church service. Children sit with their families until Pastor Kris invites them up for the children’s sermon. Once the children’s sermon concludes, the teachers and the children transition to the classroom. The classrooms are located through the door by the choir loft, down the hall and on the right.
- Nursery- Birth through two years old
- Preschool- 3 years old through Kindergarten
- School-Age- First grade through Fifth grade
Ministering to children means that we are responsible for their spiritual, emotional, and physical well-being. PCDR takes this very seriously and, as a result, has developed a comprehensive Child Protection Policy. Additionally, our open door policy means family members may stay with or visit their children at any time!
Annual Children’s Ministry Events
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Summer VBS
- Family Fall Event at AGA Farms
- Christmas Pageant
- And more!
Our Community Outreach and Mission
- Collecting food items for F.I.S.H.
- Raising money through chores to purchase gifts for those in need through Heiffer International
- Helping with the Community Dinner on MLK Day of Service
- Helping to maintain PCDR’s Community Garden throughout the summer
- Volunteering with the “Feed My Starving Children” Initiative