Greetings Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
The COVID Task Force met on Thursday, May 6 to discern recent decisions of the PA Governor to lift most COVID-19 restrictions effective May 31. In light of those decisions, the COVID Task Force sent recommendations to the Deep Run Session, and Pastor Kris called a special Session meeting for Tuesday, May 11 to discern the Task Force’s recommendations. The Session has approved some significant changes to our COVID-19 protocols regarding in-person ministry, and we are excited to share those with you.
Beginning Sunday, June 6, we will hold in-person indoor worship with minor restrictions including the requirement that masks must be worn indoors. Service will be held at 10AM. The change in worship time is to allow our new technology team the time each Sunday morning to be ready to livestream the service. Virtual worship will continue to be offered and available.
What to Expect when Expecting…In-person Indoor Worship at PCDR
1. Masks will be required at all times when indoors. Extras will be available in the Narthex. Worship leaders may be unmasked when they are actively engaged in leading worship.
2. Masks will be recommended when outdoors.
3. If you are feeling sick, please stay home and get better!
4. Hand sanitizer will be offered in the Narthex. Hand sanitizer and hand washing are strongly encouraged.
5. Welcome table In the Narthex will offer the bulletin, offering plate, and individually packaged communion on designated Sundays.
6. Attendance and prayer requests will be collected using a bulletin insert. Pre-registration or sign up is not needed.
7. Passing the Peace will occur by staying at your seat and sharing the Peace of Christ with a wave or Peace sign.
8. Singing by the congregation will be permitted with masks on. Music Director or soloist or small group special music may sing unmasked from the choir loft.
9. Physically-distanced seating will be self-selected by attendees.
10. Windows will be open and the exhaust ventilation fan will be on (weather permitting). AC may be used to cool down the room prior to the service.
11. Fellowship time will not be indoors in Hoopes Hall. Outdoor snack and drink may be offered on occasion.
12. Crib Nursery will be available for parent / family use. There will not be volunteers for drop off.
13. Sunday School will not be held on Sundays at 10AM.
14. Hoopes Hall will be available for families with young children to gather and worship if parents feel the need to step out of the service. The service will be provided virtually. Families are asked to provide their own distractions / entertainment for their children (books, coloring…). But, please know that children are always welcome in the sanctuary.
15. The entire Church Campus is open for community use with facility use request and approvals where needed. All protocols are extended to all church groups and community groups.